Sunday, September 9, 2007

September 2007: D4/21

--------------------
WORKOUT
--------------------

7:15 PM
7.5K run

We won't even talk about pace. Or the fact that I missed my 5K run on Thursday, so I was feeling a little apprehensive about this one. What I will say is that my breathing was fine throughout, my feet felt a little heavy at times, and mostly I tried to concentrate on my posture and maintaining a consistent speed. I did a 20:1 run/walk, and stopped two times for additional 30-second walk breaks, mostly to get my head back into the right space.

The purpose of this run was to build distance. After completing it, I'm feeling a lot more confident about being able to build a little bit of speed on my shorter runs.

I remember what it felt like when I first started running a few years ago, and how a 40 or 50-minute run would wipe me out for the next day. I feel pretty good right now after having thoroughly stretched.

--------------------
NUTRITION
--------------------

8:00 AM - grilled salmon, steamed carrots and broccoli, steamed nugget potatoes
1:00 PM - california roll, chicken teriyaki, veggie tempura
9:30 PM - beef and broccoli stirfry over brown rice

No comments: