Sunday, February 10, 2008

Run 26 of 67: 6 miles long

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:11:00
Course: Loop from home

It's been a good day! Got my midterm assignment done two days ahead of deadline, finished off another chapter of required readings, and, oh yeah, ran 6 miles!

The run started out downhill, and I concentrated on moving my feet and keeping my torso properly centered. The first 3 kilometres went by really quickly. Then there's a long uphill pretty much exactly between the 3 km and 4 km marks, and wow, that was a slog. I did make it all the way up the hill before having to walk to get my breathing back under control. The remaining 6 km was practically a cake walk, I tell you.

The highlight of the run was the solid 10-minute mile on the rolling flat between the 4 and 5 mile marks. Awesome. I felt like I could have gone for at least another mile at that pace, but we slowed down for the last bit as a gentle wind-down. I think today's run has been the best one so far.

No comments: