Sunday, February 17, 2008

Run 29 of 67: 6 miles long

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:15:00
Course: Loop from home

Rather than the usual late-afternoon run, we left at 11 AM to try a different time. I know that doing the weekend long run in the morning makes sense for a few reasons: most races are in the morning, you get the run out of the way and can spend the rest of your day doing whatever, etc.

I should have eaten oatmeal or cereal instead of a ham and cheese sandwich, I think, although the caffeine in the accompanying coffee probably helped a bit. I made it up the massive hill without stopping, and in fact ran the entire distance without having to resort to a walk. I lost steam, though, in the last two miles, and made it through the final mile at barely more than a geriatric jog.

And now I feel really, really tired. I'm supposed to spend the rest of the day studying, but my leg muscles are already stiffening up as I sit at this desk. I suspect I will be spending the next few nights trying to catch up. Ugh.

No comments: