Sunday, February 24, 2008

Run 31 of 67: 7 miles long

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 1:25:00
Course: Loop from home

This is officially the longest distance I have ever run. Woo!

It always takes about 20 minutes to feel fully warmed up, and there were a few stretches where the running was effortless. I experimented with lengthening my stride a bit, and ran the sixth mile in about 11 minutes. Mostly I tried to concentrate on keeping my torso centered and relaxed, with a minimum of side to side movement. The big hill was easier than last week; I'm starting to use my big hams and quads rather than the calves to push up the hill, and it's making a difference in the level of effort.

I was a little apprehensive about this run, and I'm glad it turned out so well. The upcoming week is an easy one, and then the following week there is a 6 mile tempo run and another 7-mile long run. It's time to start experimenting with run nutrition.

No comments: