Monday, August 4, 2008

Last run before real training begins

Distance: 6 km
Time: 44:57
Course: Loop from home

I got a Garmin Forerunner 305 as a first anniversary present, and I've gone for just a few runs with it so far. I love that it tells me everything I want to know about my run: pace, distance, heart rate, elevation, temperature. I hate that it tells me everything that I fear: that I run really really slow, that I've lied to myself in the past about how far a run actually was, that my heart rate likes to sit in the 160s no matter how slow I am. I think Garmie and I are going to have an interesting relationship.

Today's run was nothing special. I had the Shuffle with me, so I went out way too fast and ended up having to take a few walk breaks in the second half, which killed my overall pace. On the plus side, it's nice to know that a 6 km run is not a scary proposition at all.

This week I have three runs: a 2 mile easy run tomorrow, a 5 mile tempo run on Thursday, and a 6 mile long run on Sunday.

No comments: