Monday, December 10, 2007

The plan!

The plan has been developed with a projected half-marathon finish time of 2:30, and my stretch goal is 2:20. From today to May 4, I have 67 runs to complete.

I'm giving myself to the end of December to get back up to a comfortable 5K, and official half-marathon training begins the second week of January. These are the main points:

1. With the exception of one 4-mile run, Tuesdays are all easy 2-mile runs.

2. Thursdays are a mix of easy, tempo and speed runs, the longest of which is 8 miles, but most are around the 4-5 mile range.

3. In March and April, there are 5 Friday runs, all 2-mile easy jobs, likely meant as active recovery for the Thursday runs and to keep my legs fresh for the Sunday runs.

4. The long run is scheduled for Sunday.

This week, I have three runs scheduled, by time only: 15 minutes each on Tuesday and Thursday, and 20 minutes on Sunday.

No comments: