Thursday, January 10, 2008

Run 13 of 67: 2 miles easy

I stayed home today to stave off a flu attack, but I was feeling pretty antsy by the end of the day so we went to the gym. Finally! Today is the first day in a long time that I can actually say that the run really was easy. I hopped on the treadmill and bounced out 2 miles at 5 mph while watching "The Biggest Loser Australia." It is super packed at the gym in January and February, so I was lucky to grab a treadmill right away.

I love the feeling of clarity that inevitably comes with the end of a workout. No matter how crappy the day has been, and no matter, really, how well or badly the workout goes, whether it's endorphins or just that sense of having accomplished something on an otherwise difficult day, getting some exercise is always better than getting none. Why do I keep forgetting this?

No comments: