Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Run 9 of 67: 2 miles easy

It was my first run outside since the infamous falling-down-while-waiting-at-the-stoplight incident in September, and boy was it COLD for the first kilometre or so. I've turned into such a wimp.

We ran up the hill to the house, which is a little over a quarter of a mile from the corner where the map said we should stop, so we did about 2.3 miles overall. I don't have an exact time, as neither of us thought to wear watches for this one, but I would say we were under 30 minutes.

Tomorrow we go back to work, and the true test of the training schedule begins. January ends with an 8K event on the 27th. I've got 13 runs scheduled this month. I've decided to institute monthly rewards for myself for hitting 100% of my runs. For January, the prize is a set of running socks. I aim high!

No comments: