Sunday, January 20, 2008

Run 17 of 67: 4 miles easy

Distance: 6.6 km
Time: 48 minutes
Course: Loop from home

Today has been an uncomfortable sort of day--one of the cats did its business in CM's office, a behaviour that has never manifested itself before and which is worrying in the extreme. I changed a few things, and I know they've been stressed out because of repairs in the basement that require people to come in and invade their space. Hopefully things will straighten out, but I've been on edge all day. We watched the last part of the first football game, and then decided it was time to get out there before it got too cold and dark.

Hooeeee, it is WINDY out there! The first 2 km were uncomfortable, and running into the wind sucks. I couldn't find a decent pace until the 3 km point, but started to feel better once we were out of the east-west wind corridor. Between the 4 and 5 km points is a gradual hill that used to just destroy me, but today we took it quite easily, and the final mile or so were also fine. I know there was a helpful tailwind there for awhile, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm past the point where I dread runs, but I haven't quite gotten to the point where I'll go out on my own without prompting. Good thing I have a running partner!

No comments: