Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 2007: D10/23

Today is supposed to be a run day, but I had my second weights session with the trainer today, so I've bumped the run to tomorrow.

--------------------
WORKOUT
--------------------

10:00 AM
weights session with trainer

I did my second hour-long session with the Y trainer today, and I'm glad that's done. These two sessions came with the gym package, and while I'm sure trainer boy is a perfectly nice guy, I've been thoroughly spoiled by my two years of personal training at the fancy downtown studio. I've come to peace with the idea that it's worth the bags of cash they smilingly take from me to be properly monitored and professionally assessed on a semi-annual basis. I think I'm good for the next few months to the half-marathon, but after that, I'm going to check in again.

--------------------
NUTRITION
--------------------

9:30 AM - 1 cup Kashi cereal, 1 cup strawberries, 2/3 cup soy milk
12:00 PM - 1 cup steamed baby carrots, baba ganoush for dipping
1:30 PM - 1 slice pizza
7:00 PM - eggplant and pork over brown rice

Okay, so the pizza wasn't exactly half-marathon-training-approved (HMTA!), but it was the third day and the very last slice and CM isn't here and you can't eat pizza after the third day, that's gross. So in the dual interests of economy and hygiene, yes, I ate it.

I also made an enormous pot of carrot-ginger soup. The recipe called for 4 cups of chicken broth, and I only had one, so I used some (a LOT of) chardonnay to top things up. The important thing is, go veggies! It's cooling right now, and I'm told it freezes well. Taste test tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your site and wanted to wish you the best training for your HM.

Your workouts and attention to nutrition are interesting.

I'll enjoy following your progress to the finish line.

lisa said...

Cool! Thanks, Tom!