Monday, August 13, 2007

August 2007: D6/23

So, a few months ago I bought two pairs of running shoes on sale. Saucony Grid, my favourite stability shoe, one pair with light pink stripes, the other pair with dark pink stripes. I keep one pair in my gym bag at work, and one pair on the shoe rack at home.

I think we all know where I'm going with this.

This afternoon I happened to be doing one-arm dumbbell rows, and happened to look down at my feet. I'm a runner; do I never look at my own feet? Apparently not. Yes, on my left foot I had light pink stripes, and on my right, dark pink. Good lord. You know I've been running around for the past four months with mismatched shoes like a fashion-challenged three-year-old. I am an idiot.

--------------------
WORKOUT
--------------------
1:00 PM
5-min dynamic warmup
dumbbell press, 3x12, 20 lbs
one-arm dumbbell row, 3x12, 20 lbs
lat pulldown, 3x12, 45 lbs (wuss!)
upright row, 3x12, 40 lbs
stability ball leg curl, 3x10
side plank 2x20 seconds

Felt a little sluggish and weak at the gym, although that might just be due to increased reps.

--------------------
NUTRITION
--------------------

7:00 AM - 1 cup Kashi cereal, 1 cup soy milk
9:30 AM - 1 cup strawberries
11:00 AM - chicken and veggie peanut stirfry w brown rice
2:00 PM - 2 oz salmon w 1/2 cup canned corn
6:00 PM - 1 cup Smartfoods white cheddar popcorn (95 cal)
6:30 PM - beef noodles
7:30 PM - 6" seafood sub (oops)

Well, I started out okay! Stupid lack of dinner planning...

No comments: