Thursday, August 16, 2007

August 2007: D8/23

--------------------
WORKOUT
--------------------

8:30 PM
2 mile run

The run felt several times better than Tuesday's run, thank goodness. The trick, as always, is to pretty much crawl for the first few minutes, nearly for the entire first mile, and then I'm warmed up and trucking by about a mile and a half. Obviously at this point that only gives me about 800 metres at my actual pace, but this is good prep for race day. I'll know to either warm up with a jog before the race starts, or to just take it super easy for the first mile.

I've got three more sessions at this distance, and then I start bumping up the distance and/or speed for the Thursday and Saturday runs. I'll start wearing a watch again too, once I get past 5K.

--------------------
NUTRITION
--------------------

4:30 AM - 2 slices pizza
8:30 AM - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup coffee
11:30 AM - 2 slices pizza
2:00 PM - 2 cups popcorn
5:30 PM - beef noodles
9:30 PM - veggie stirfry over brown rice

Whoa. Way heavy on the carbs, very little protein, and negligible veggies. This is what happens when I spend the day at home reading and tormenting the cat.

No comments: